Things you should know about planning your trip to The Boiling Crab:
- Go with people you know somewhat well, like, and be sure they like you. They will see you at your worst.
- Be sure to make use of the bib, paper table clothes, and A LOT of napkins and wet wipes. This is NOT a clean meal and probably not a good place for a first date or to meet your boyfriends parents for the first time.
- Be prepared to just go for it. Your food comes in plastic bags and don't bother with forks- they are useless. Reach your hands in, grab, crack/peel, and eat. You will be covered to the elbows with seasonings (get "the whole shabang") and probably all over your face.
- Do a little research about how to eat a whole crab and which parts are not to be eaten. Parts of the crab are nasty, for lack of better words.
- Have fun! This isn't a meal to take too seriously, order a lot of crab (the legs are my fave) and shrimp, get some rice to soak up sauces, and enjoy the crab style debauchery that will inevitably ensue!
|Setting the table with the sea feast|
|Check out those legs in that bag...|
|Crucial element, do not underestimate the power of a bib!|
|A calm before the storm...|
|And so it begins|
|To quote Bridesmaids, "It's happening...."|
|The aftermath and it's not pretty!|