11.25.2011

Making whoopie!

I have an open invitation for bringing desserts to family dinners and Thanksgiving is no exception.
I was given this whoopie pie cook book and a whoopie pan at my bridal shower in the spring and Thanksgiving seems like the perfect time to experiment with some flavor combinations. I had only made these once before, so I went on a limb doing something somewhat new to me and luckily it worked out in my favor. I made pumpkin whoopie pies with maple vanilla bean filling rolled in graham cracker crumbs and a chocolate cake with salted peanut butter filling. The pumpkin cake batter was pretty thick and made for a very fluffy and thick cake. The chocolate batter was thinner and really nice to work with.  I'm looking forward to baking more whoopie pies from this book- the flavors are sound so good and despite being slightly time consuming, they aren't too complicated.


Setting up for the pumpkin whoopies

Pumpkin batter

Scraping a vanilla bean for the filling
Maple vanilla bean filling getting fluffy

Pumpkin whoopies out of the oven



butter and sugar getting creamy

Dry Ingredients ready to combine with wet creamed butter and sugar

Chocolate batter

chocolate whoopies with their buddies

Peanut butter filling

A sea of whoopie pies

Finished whoopie pies rolled in graham cracker crumbs

boxed and ready for travel

Chocolate whoopie pie with double cream


What did you make for Thanksgiving this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...