11.10.2011

Fundamental LA

At first glance Westwood appears to be a land bustling with lunch options, take another look. There actually are a lot of options, just not a lot of good options. Strangely, there are a ton of mediocre sushi places, decent falafel spots, and chains- lots of boring chains. There is In n Out- so I won't say it's a total wash. Fundamental LA opened a few months ago and is the best thing Westwood has going for it right now. They offer a rotating menu of creative sandwiches, a few salads, and sides that shouldn't be overlooked. Fundamental also serves wine and beer and the non-alcoholic selection has a twist- check out the Vanilla Cream Soda. Some of my favorites so far have been the chicken torta and the grilled cheese with soup. I am an avid brown bagger, but whenever I don't bring a lunch, I head straight to Fundamental!



Short Rib with Figs and Tallegio

Looking forward to  some new life coming to the work neighborhood- 800 degrees, a new pizza concept by the Umami Burger team, and Casa Azul which should be opening sometime next month.

Have you tried Fundamental LA? Do you have a favorite sandwich spot?





1 comment:

  1. Desiree! #1 This is an awesome blog and #2 I LOVE fundamental. The lemon verbena iced tea? Yes ma'am! and my favorite so far is definitely the short rib. I work REALLY close to here so you should let me know sometime when you forget your brown bag and we can feast together! - kim aka ting-ling sensation

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...