11.02.2011

I Said No No No

It's a really hard time of year for a lot of women. On top of the holiday stress (which we will discuss!), there is food everywhere- mainly sweets. I have an insatiable sweet tooth and I have to try to control this almost daily. It's really hard. I was talking to a friend yesterday and she has set up a challenge of her own- bringing lunch to work everyday until Thanksgiving and if she completes this she will use the money not spend on lunch to treat herself to a new bag. Sounds like a good plan to me!

A few years ago I challenged myself by not eating any sweets from the week before Halloween until Thanksgiving. It was excruciatingly hard the first week. Controlling my thoughts and cravings were really difficult. Eventually it got pretty easy and I pretty much curbed my cravings and I made it through right to the pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving dinner. I felt really good about this and a tremendous sense of pride about my will power, which usually is lacking. I'm revisiting my challenge and doing it with previously mentioned friend, P. Brainstorming rewards will be fun and a helpful motivational tool. I've so far survived day 1 of my Just Say No to Drugs Sweets Challenge- that means no baked goods, no candy, no chocolate, and no extra sweet coffee drinks.


How do you handle the constant sweet feast this time of year? Any suggestions are helpful. Do you just give in and work hard later on? If you want to take the challenge with me, let me know. We'll hold each other accountable and commiserate together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...