6.12.2012

Opal Restaurant in Santa Barbara

Our first stop on my surprise trip with my girlfriends was to Opal Restaurant in Santa Barbara. We got to State Street with a little extra time, so we made use of the extra hour to do a little shopping and hit up Anthropologie- always a happy moment for yours truly!

I still didn't know what they had in store for me, but walking into Opal started things off on the right foot. They have a selection of creative cocktails and I went for a lychee martini with red Thai chili, S had a blackberry jalapeno martini, and E went for a blood orange margarita. All the drinks were good, but my lychee martini definitely packed a punch with the red chili. For eats, we indulged in a salami pizza and a few crab cakes to share. I had pesto sauteed scallop salad with pinenuts and Parmigiano Reggiano, S had a vegetable napolean with gorgonzola potato cake and wild mushrooms, and E went for lemon grass crusted salmon with Thai curry sauce, and we shared a berry creme brulee for dessert. Such a delicious dinner and not a bad respite from the traffic on the 101!



After dinner we were off to our destination for the night- more on that later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...