6.19.2012

Hungry in Washington?


I'm sure it comes as no surprise that one of my favorite parts of traveling is snacking along the way.  Our first day in Washington proved to have some pretty tasty eats in store for us. We went wine tasting with my parents at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery and grabbed lunch at Purple Cafe (and had some awesome crab cakes). The winery grounds were absolutely gorgeous- full of beautiful flowers and ducks. We toured the winery and then were treated to some tasty wine. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon!




Yums!
After our early afternoon drinking stopped at one of the most impressive grocery stores I've ever been into, Central Market. It's not everyday I go into a grocery store with tanks of live spot prawns and oysters at the ready for shucking.


I was majorly in the mood for seafood and took full advantage of this at every opportunity I could. We had plans to make a dinner with my family and prepared oysters with a mignotte, roasted bone marrow, pan seared scallops, sauteed prawns, a salad, and some roasted veggies. It was a pretty yummy meal and not too shabby for a night in.
bone butter


We ended the night in the backyard with my parents' neighbors and their kids roasting GIANT marshmallows.


A good first day in the Evergreen State. Stay tuned for our Pike's Place picks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...