8.28.2012

Revisting a Classic- Ford's Filling Station

After an embarrassing guffaw in an attempt at a romantic date night in where I made reservations at a downtown Culver City restaurant intended to surprise my husband, showed up at the restaurant only to be told they did not have me on their list. I retrieved my OpenTable confirmation only to see that I made a reservation for Sunday night...this was 7pm on Saturday night. WOOPS! The restaurant was packed, so we needed an alternate plan. I even dressed up and wore heels and a nice dress.. fail. We decided to head over to Ford's Filling Station to feet our stomachs and our souls. We have been going to Ford's Filling Station for a few years and while we don't make it there on a monthly basis, we've always been rather pleased with our meals, the laid back yet quality ambiance, and the friendly staff.

Krome the Dome, a huckleberry cocktail
Devilled eggs
Smoked pork taquitos
Heirloom tomato salad with burrata (my fave!), green
chickpeas, chickpea pesto, and hazlenuts
Cubano flatbread
We are always looking for new restaurants to try and would love to hear your recent favorites. Please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...