8.09.2012

Caramelitas

Months ago I saw a picture of this gooey looking bar on Pinterest called a Carmelita and it stayed right at the fore front of my mind. I couldn't make it just to have around the house otherwise it would disappear in 2 days and that's a recipe for disaster. I finally had an occasion to do some baking to bring into my office and right away I knew I had to make these legendary Carmelitas. Carmelitas are an oat based bar with chocolate and caramel, I'm sold! I'm certainly not a professional baker, but have been known to spend some time baking up tasty treats. These rate a 1 on the easy level and a 10 on the addictive scale.

{Recipe provided by Lulu the Baker}

It all starts here, peeling a slew of caramels
Melt the caramels into some cream to make a sauce

Oatmeal mixture for the bottom and top layers


Into the oven it goes...




Ooey gooey caramel-y chocolatey goodness!
These little tasty bites got a pretty solid reception from the coworkers as well and I saw people go back for seconds. In a spread full of other treats, that's my mark of a good morsel!



2 comments:

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...