8.14.2012

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Compact: A Review




I have been a faithful user of Laura Mercier’s Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer for many years. I was a convert ever since I was displeased with Stila's Tinted Moisturizers lack of coverage. LM's Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer (OFTM) had great coverage. It was also a little dewy, which is a look I LOVE. So, when Sephora alerted me to Laura's new product, her tinted moisturizer in compact form, I was sold even before I heard about the hefty $45 price. This is a common happening in my life: I decide I need a specific product, sell myself on it, convince myself that no matter what I'm going to purchase it, and then find out the price. Shopping fail. Please note that the OFTM is $43. What's with the $2 difference Laura Mercier? Strange.

The liquid tinted moisturizer is perfectly easy to apply. I used to use a foundation brush to apply, but realized my hands were quicker and actually a better tool. Application took less than a minute. But, could this compact form of the tinted moisturizer cut that LONG minute in half? And, more importantly, would it save me from making tinted moisturizer hand stains on my white walls when I'm trying to keep my balance while putting on my flats in the morning? Trust me, even after a thorough hand washing I still manage to make smudges on my once crisp white walls. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

To make a long review short, I will tell you this: Those expecting an identical product to the liquid tinted moisturizer will be a tad let down, but also pleasantly surprised. The dewy look is gone and the coverage is a bit less than the liquid version, but I actually really liked the product. I went ahead and bought the OFTM along with the new compact so I didn't have to choose between the two. Options are always nice.

But, I would be cautious if you are prone to dry skin. The compact might not be too forgiving to people with dry spots or acne. I had a small blemish that was healing and therefore very dry. The compact version didn't look so good over it. I had what looked like a small ring of dry skin at the spot. So, that's something that should be considered. Also, he compact is not oil free. They haven't made an oil free version yet, so this is also something to consider. As of yet, I haven't broken out. And I feel less shiny. Points for the compact.

Overall, I'm digging the product and I'm happy with my purchase. I think it will be an even better product on the nights where I'm leaving work to go to a ball or gala or movie premiere, don't have time to stop at home and need to do my makeup in the bathroom on the fly. Yes. That's my life. Always leaving my beige cubicle at 5:30 to make it to some $40,000 a plate fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...