10.21.2011

Those Three Special Words: I Have Chocolate

When it's that tender time of the month for women, there really is an undeniable pleasure in chocolate. A pleasure that just can't be satiated any other way. Can there really be too much chocolate? I am somewhere between disgust with myself for the amount of chocolate I consumed a few days ago, but yet, I still wanted more. WTF! Is this normal?

It was bosses day and a coworker brought in a spread of treats and naturally these were right outside my humble cube abode. I need to confess my damage: I sampled a scoop of peach crisp, a sliver of lemon bundt cake, a smallish chocolate chip cookie, and a bite of a red velvet cupcake (mine are better, sorry). As if that weren't enough, I added in 2 reeses cups and a fun size pack of peanut butter m&m's. This can't be normal and it's definitely not acceptable. I did follow up that chubfest with a healthy salad for lunch, but unfortunately, I don't think it evens out. I would have preferred cheesy enchiladas, a taco, and beans, but that wasn't in the cards today.
Sign me up!

I shouldn't be writing about this, but let's all agree that talking about your bad habits somehow makes you feel better about them. I admit I have a period related problem. Can I be absolved of my fat kid sins just because my uterus is a bitch and I'm just giving it what it wants? Please? I don't even care about that "a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips" BS in this situation.  Is it also normal to feel guilty about all this? How do you monitor your necessary period induced indulgences? What are your weaknesses?


No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...