10.23.2011

Be Still my Eames Loving Heart

Iconic Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman

This weekend my husband and I went to LACMA to check out the exhibit on California Design, 1930-1965: Living in a Modern Way. I have a soft spot for Midcentury modernism and have been really excited for the Pacific Standard Time exhibits and events around the city. I enjoyed the vintage clothing, furniture, recreation of the Eames House, and midcentury art on exhibit, but hoped it would be a little larger.

You aren't supposed to take pictures, but I found this out a little too late. Here are some of the highlights


Drawing of Craig Ellwood House

Eames Hang It All

Richard Neutra Camel Table- can be used as a coffee or dining table



With the Tim Burton exhibit winding down, there was some pretty interesting people watching to do and beautiful weather to indulge in. We packed a picnic and ate on the LACMA lawn and enjoyed the Saturday.


Largest piece of Berlin Wall outside of Germany
Have you been to any of the PST events or exhibitions? What did you think?

Next stop: Collecting Eames, the JF Chen Collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...