4.24.2012

Wistful Coachella

Hi- I'm Liz, you can find me here! It’s been a week since I’ve been back from the grounds and yet; I can still hear the music in the distance.  I can still smell the most amazing pizza I have ever had (goat cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms etc. were involved) and the overwhelming scent of sunscreen in the air.  Ahhh memories.

I can’t believe it took me so long to go back to Coachella.  I hadn’t been in almost eight years!  Known for its rows of porter potties (gross), over priced food/drink and hot, steamy weather, the festival is also known for it’s magical attributes.  Hipsters dressed to the nines (kind of.  Everyone is pretty much half naked), dance parties from morning to ___o’clock, and your favorite bands up close and personal.  I loved every minute of it – porter potties and all.  Good Bye Coachella.  It was the most fabulous, magical, crazy, exhausting, ridiculous weekend and I can’t wait to see you all over again next year. 

*Professional cameras weren’t allowed onto the grounds (unless you had a pass) so I brought my trusty Holga and shot film all weekend.  It felt good to go back to the camera that started my love for photography. 
 I loved that they displayed lineups from previous years.

Resting our feet.

The famous ferris wheel.



 Campers brought a little piece of home to their campsite.

Burst of Color.

 Fitz and the Tantrums.


Florence and the Machine was hands down my favorite part of the whole weekend.
Florence

Almost gave him money.  Almost.


Balloons.
 Really?  Yes!


 Sitting on the shoulders of her guy.

 Magic.


P.S  Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and/ Pinterest and visit my website here!








No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...