4.06.2012

Geek Love

I went to a screening last night put on by KCRW as part of "Matt's Movies" for Morgan Spurlock's new film, Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope. I'm not a comic person AT ALL. I have never owned a comic (well, maybe an Archie and Jughead in my awkward pre-teen years). I do however like Morgan Spurlock's movies and this sounded like a guaranteed fun time so I couldn't pass this up. I have to say, I really enjoyed it, laughed a lot, and I actually cried at one point (I'll own it- it was a touching moment!). Who's the nerd now? Me, I know. The movies follows 7 people as they prepare and attend Comic-Con. They all really just love the comic-con world - it's sweet and pure and you can't help but feel warm and fuzzy about these people. The 2 story lines I enjoyed the most were about a costume designer, Holly Conrad, and about a self professed geek couple who fell in love at comic-con. The comic-con world embraces it's geeky reputation and the people who go definitely are a breed all their own and it's just so much fun to watch this play out. A lot of us geek out about one thing another- whether it's food, Hunger Games, Batman, or hair products- there's something exciting about being with other people who share your passion and just reveling in your nerdy delights.


Check out the trailors here. Keep an open mind and a good sense of humor and go watch this movie. It opens today in select theaters, On Demand, and on itunes. Let me know what you think! Have a great weekend- enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate (or don't celebrate) this weekend.

Geeky moment of my own- we spotted Duff Goldman of Charm City Bakery in the crowd tonight and I got stupidly excited! This might be the appropriate time to mention that I went to the reality tv convention last year and totally felt at one with my people. You can make fun of me for this, but it had a lot of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...