4.16.2012

Ankle Straps

Original Source

 I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! What did you kids do?? To dull the Monday blues, let's talk about shoes! I like that I'm seeing a lot of ankle straps, but unfortunately, I don't think I've mastered how to properly walk in ankle straps and I don't like how they look on me. I'm destined to admire these from afar, and admire I shall!

Giambattista Valli mint heel with chain ankle strap

Love these wedges, via Masterpiece on a Napkin

Glittered perfection, via Talking with Tami


Sam Edelmans perfect for Spring

Rachel Zoe's Gladys Flat Sandal


Little pop of neon - The Label by LD Tuttle


Glitter peep toes from Pixie Market




Seychelles Gerbera Flats



Tell me, what are your thoughts on ankle straps?

2 comments:

  1. Typically, I don't like them... they just chop up your leg line and make legs appear shorter... I think if you're going to wear them, they should be really loose and kind of 'hang' so you can still see a bare ankle and not add bulk to it.

    A great alternative to ankle straps is a cross over that hits right below the ankle bones... the cris-cross creates a V shape and elongates the leg.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple pairs (including the gold ones I wore to your wedding!) and the straps always seem to dig in- and I dont have any cankle action to speak of. It seems that although it should make wearing/walking easier- they actually throw off the balance of the shoe.

    I think they look great though (but Im tall) and Im not ready to give up on them yet.

    PS- The glittery booties from Talking with Tami are insanely sexy!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...