1.05.2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I like movies, but by no means am I some kind of movie critic or movie snob and I can't even begin to pretend to be. On that note, I need to say- this movie was all kinds of awesome! Trent Reznor, who is one of the nicest and coolest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, did such an amazing job with the score and especially the song in the opening credits, Karen O's cover of "Immigrant Song"- for lack of better words- just killed it, in the same way that "sick" and "bad" mean good things. Check out this great interview with Trent and Jason Bentley from KCRW about the score can be heard here complete with clips from the score).


Walking into the movie, I knew little nothing about the movie itself. I knew the name of the main character, I knew who was in it, I knew it involved some kind of investigative work, I knew my awesome neighbor worked on post production (shout out if you're reading this I.N!!), and that TR and Atticus Ross did the score. I didn't read the book and haven't read any of the other book's from Stieg Larsson's series, but they are now on my short list of must reads. Sometimes this is the best way to go into a movie since you can't really be disappointed by your expectations. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read the book or seen the movie, so I'll steer clear from talking about the actual plot, but whoa...I really can't stop thinking about this movie. Parts of the movie left me sick to my stomach and in tears, parts of the movie made want to cheer aloud (I may have accidentally and embarrassingly clapped at one part), and I was on the edge of my seat for almost the whole movie. I have a hard time with "scary" movies, but I do love a good suspense movie or psychological thriller and this left me entirely satisfied. I've since watched the Swedish version and The Girl Who Played with Fire and I'm totally hooked. No over hyping here, but if you want to see the movie, just go. I think you'll be pretty into it.

Have you seen it? I am dying to hear what you thought and if you read the book, how did it compare?? Have you seen the original? Tell me everything!

2 comments:

  1. Omg! I just saw it yesterday and I seriously can't stop thinking about it. Wow! What a powerful movie. I have the book, which has been sitting on my night table for the past year (unread) and now I'm dying to read it. In fact, I started it last night. This movie was truly amazing and really well done. There are certain scenes that I can not erase from my head and I was also jumping for joy at one point (likely same part as you!) To sum it up, I loved it and I can't wait forthe sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading it yesterday as well! We need to continue this conversation. GWDT is completely consuming..i love it!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...