2.02.2012

Eva

Patio
I've been to Eva for brunch and have long been looking forward to returning for dinner. I went with a girlfriend for Dine LA this year and we were treated to a seriously special meal. I spent a lot of time in this neighborhood after going to BLD earlier in the week. I have to admit, I can't complain. There are some pretty wonderful restaurants in this area- Angelini Osteria, El Coyote (you know you love it!), Milk, Terroni. Eva is run by Jonathan Gold's brother, Mark Gold, and as you'd expect, the food is well executed and nothing short of complete food heaven. The coddled egg starter I had is easily one of the best things I've eaten in quite some time. This is the perfect place for a date, girl's night, a dinner with your parents, and let's not forget- Sunday brunch.


Warm Bread and Butter

Foie Gras Torchon with Persimmon and Chestnut
Coddled Egg, Pomme Mouseline, Chicken Jus, and Black Truffle.

Prime Beef Calotte, Mustard Bernaise, and Confit Potato

Udon Noodles with Crab in Brown Butter

Steamed Lemon Cake

Chocolate Pot De Creme


Have you been to Eva? Are you still swooning from your meal??

2 comments:

  1. If you're in LA, you are SOOO lucky! I just love CA. I've never been to Eva but that lemon cake looks amazing! I've been really intrigued lately by the foams. I'm thinking of trying something unique with bread since it's a "set foam".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne-
      I do live in LA and we are so lucky to have such wonderful restaurants! Hopefully you'll get a chance to visit the city and try as many as possible! I hope you have fun experimenting with foam!

      Delete

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...