8.11.2009

Portabello Mushroom Ravioli

I've spent most of my life with a brutal distaste for mushrooms. It started as a kid, they looked "gross" and hearing that it is fungus doesn't exactly score bonus points for the mushroom. Over the past few years I began developing a taste for these little guys. The crimini was my introductory mushroom. From there I sort of came to peace with having mushrooms tucked away IN my food: IN a sauce, IN lasagna, IN a quesadilla. A few weeks ago, a whole new phenomenon took place: I had a mushroom craving. WHAT? Shocking. Trader Joes, as usual, aided in this quest. I picked up their portabello mushroom ravioli.
After cooking the ravioli, I drizzled olive oil, black flake salt, pepper, and sprinkled some grana padana cheese on top. So simple and so satisfying.. mmm...mmmmushrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...