8.13.2009

"Freezer Shopping"

My wonderful boyfriend surprised me tonight with some posts as a guest blogger! This is his very first blog post and I'm so excited to share this. Here it is, Man & Food!

There comes a day in every mans life when it has been several weeks since he has made it to the grocery store. Today was one of those days. It was at about 5:00 PM when I started to get hungry and I didn't really want to head to the market so I decided to raid the freezer. The best things I found were Trader Joes ahi tuna and frozen okra! I knew I could make something work and here is what I came up with:

Seared Ahi Tuna encrusted in sesame and pan fried okra.

Ahi Tuna Ingredients:
2 Ahi Tuna Steaks
1 Tbsp dried powerded wasabi
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tsp honey
Enough sesame seeds to coat each side of the ahi
Sesame Oil

Okra Ingerdients:
1 cup (+ or -) frozen okra
Pepper
Salt
Jalapeno pepper flakes
Sesame Oil
Soy Sauce

In two separate pans, coat one with sesame oil (Fish) and the other with sesame oil and soy sauce (Okra). Heat over medium.

Ahi:
Combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, honey, and wasabi powder and mix. Coat the bottom of a wide, flat dish with sesame seeds. "Dredge"' Ahi in soy marinade and then place into the dry sesame seeds and flip to coat the other side. Place into heated frying pan and repeat for other pieces if necessary.

Okra:
Thaw and cut in 1/2" pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat pan with sesame oil and soy sauce. Place into pan and stir as needed. Add jalapeno seeds to taste for heat.

For the tuna make sure to get a nice crusted sear on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...