8.11.2009

More on Mussels

I love watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and making any recipes that beat Bobby sounds like a fun challenge to me! My boy brought over some mussels and we found a recipe that beat Bobby and we were off! He brought the New Zealand Green tip mussels, a new realm for both of us. These mussels are slightly larger than the black mussels we're used to cooking with. They do cook a little differently and it was a learning curve for us. We sauteed shallots with bacon in the bacon fat, threw in the mussels, some white wine, salt, pepper, lemon, and the show stopper- roquefort and throw this over a bed of steamed spinach.
They were pretty good! I really liked the bacon and roquefort flavors and thought this was a nice variation on mussels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...