7.22.2009

LA Weekly's Gold Standard

Forgive me for all the backtracking, but there's too much to post about. Even if it's a few months old, it's still going up!

Pulitzer winning food critic, Jonathan Gold, hosted a food tasting event with LA Weekly a few months ago at Smashbox Studio's in West Hollywood. Mr. Gold invited 20 of his favorite restaurants to showcase a dish for hungry Angelinos and this was not an event to miss!

David Myer's Sona put out some salmon bites- a french sushi if you will.















Palate Food+Wine did a pork belly over polenta, but the pork belly of the day that stood out to me was from Animal. I didn't get a picture of that one due to chaotic lines. Animal is high on my short list of places to check out.















Holly paella batman! The ladies of Ciudad and Border Grille put this out- it was a highlight for me. A good paella goes a long way!














Providence put out these stunning chocolate bon bons! Beautiful and delicious! Meanwhile, I'm watching Michael Cimarusti on Top Chef Masters. Represent LA Michael!














Another crudo, this time from Drago. Thanks to the elapsed time from when I ate this goodie, I don't remember what it is. Shame, shame!














It was a tough day for picture taking, but some other notable dishes were from Lou on Vine, Pizzeria Mozza (their incredible caprese salad with burrata), Alcazar's mediteranean food, Babita Mexicuisine (the guy's who throwdown against Bobby Flay with their chile rellenos...and they were SO good!), and Annisette did a take on duck l'orange. MMM MMM GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So happy you stopped by Bundts of Steel- I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...